Hunt groups are used to call groups of phones in a set order, or all at the same time. This is useful when any one of a number of people could pick up a call.
To create a new hunt group, select Hunt Groups from the top menu of your control panel.
A list of the hunt groups on your account will load. Use the Create Hunt Group box to create a new one - simply select an unused internal number to use using the dropdown box, and enter a name so you know what the hunt group is for. Add an email address so that you can be notified if any voicemail is left, and finally click Create.
To edit the hunt group, click on it to be presented with the following options:
- Record calls: If required for diagnostic purposes, you can record the call. Please note that this can cause unexpected issues, and you should always inform the other party at the beginning of the call that it is being recorded
- Voicemail options: You can turn voicemail on and off for the hunt group, as well as changing the PIN code to access it. To use a custom outgoing message, record one in the Voice Prompts section and then select it from the Voicemail Outgoing Message dropdown box. If you would prefer the voicemail to go to a different account within the organisation, select the appropriate internal number from the Voicemail Account dropdown box
- Message before ringing: You can upload a custom message to be played to your caller before ringing in the Voice Prompts section and select it using the dropdown box
- Hold Music: To play hold music to the caller whilst ringing, upload it in the Music On Hold section first, then select it from the dropdown box and check the Play Hold Music while ringing box
- Caller ID Tag: If your SIP devices supports it, you can add a prefix here, which will be appended to the caller's number. This can help you ascertain where the call has been transferred from (for example, a hunt group or queue)
- Bank Holiday schedule: To use the Sunday schedule on Bank Holidays, select the United Kingdom option from the dropdown box
- Time zone: If the users of the hunt group are not in the United Kingdom, you can select their local time zone from the dropdown box to make setting up the hunt group easier
To add internal numbers to the hunt group, scroll to the Members section at the bottom of the page and select them using the Add New Member dropdown box. Click Update to add them to the hunt group. You have several options to customise the hunt group, and all of these can be set on a per-member basis:
- Days Enabled: Use this to select the days of the week each member will be part of the hunt group
- Time range: You can choose the times of day that members are part of the hunt group. If they are members at different times of the day you can add them to the group and modify each one accordingly.
- Order: You can set the order that the member's phones ring by entering a number in this field. Numbers do not necessarily have to run sequentially. You can use sequential numbers (e.g. 1,2,3,4) to call phones one after the other, or concurrent numbers (e.g. 1,1,1,1) to call multiple phones at once. In this case, whoever picks up their phone first will answer the call. You can mix sequential and concurrent numbers. For example, if you were to assign one member the number '1' and three other members the number '2', the first phone will ring for a set delay (see below), followed by the other three phones all at the same time
- Delay: You can choose how long the member's phone rings for using this box, up to a maximum of 30 seconds. Once this delay is reached, the system will attempt the next member (or members) in the hunt group
- Allow VM: Use this to utilise the member's voicemail account for any messages (as opposed to the hunt group's voicemail box)
- Delete: Use this to remove members from the hunt group
Always ensure that you click update to save any changes.
Some users need to create extremely complex hunt groups to satisfy their needs. For more complicated setups, you may find this guide useful.