When you purchase a Multi User VoIP account you are allocated one telephone number and ten internal numbers (out of which you can create your hunt groups, call queues and extensions). You can direct this telephone number to any of your internal numbers.
If you want to add a new telephone number on your Multi User VoIP account, you will be asked to choose between a Multi User Personal Number and a Multi User Additional Number. Which one you will want to purchase will depend on what you wish to use the number for.
A Multi User Personal Number is intended for use as a direct dial number, and therefore only internal extension numbers can be selected as a destination for these numbers. You cannot direct these numbers towards hunt groups, call queues or any other type of functionality.
They are currently available in blocks of ten.
A Multi User Additional Number is used to forward calls to existing telephone numbers on your account. Therefore you can only set existing telephone numbers on your account as the destination for these numbers. Inbound calls to your Multi User Additional Number will be forwarded to the other number, and will flow to the set destination of the existing number.
If you want a new telephone number that is much more versatile and can be directed towards any type of destination on your account - such as individual extensions, hunt group and call queues - you need to purchase a new Multi User VoIP package. You will be assigned a new telephone number and an additional ten internal numbers when you sign up for the package, all of which can be managed from within your existing account.
- You have hired some new members of staff and want them to have their own telephone numbers. You can purchase a block of Mutli User Personal Numbers to direct calls towards their individual internal extensions
- When setting the destination of these numbers, you will see only extension numbers are shown
- You have just opened a new office in another town. You want to purchase a local number and set up a new hunt group for the staff there. As you need to direct calls to a hunt group you will need to purchase another Multi User VoIP account
- When setting the destination of these numbers, you will see that you can chose any internal number on your account
- You now open another office in the same town. You want it to have its own number so that customers can see you have multiple offices, but you want calls to go to the hunt group that sits behind your existing number (020 7946 0828). You can purchase a Multi User Additional Number - 020 7946 0617 - and set the destination to be 020 7946 0828. Now when people call 020 7946 0617 calls are forwarded to your hunt group via your other number
- When setting the destination of these numbers, you will see that only your existing telephone numbers are shown