This guide covers manual configuration of a snom 360 phone for use with Gradwell services. Please note that if you have purchased your phone from Gradwell you have the option to have an extension setup on the phone when it is despatched to you - all you need to do is connect the phone.
Video setup guide
The video below will help you add a Gradwell extension to a snom 360 VoIP phone.
If you have purchased a phone from Gradwell then we will have configured an extension on the phone for you. However, if you want to add another extension, or purchased the phone from elsewhere, then you will find this video useful.
Unpack the phone and cables and plug them together as follows (easiest done with the phone base upside down):
- Connect the base unit and handset together using the curly phone cable. This plugs into the socket with the phone icon. If using a headset, plug it into the other socket underneath the base unit
- Connect the ethernet socket marked NET to one of the sockets on your router, using the coloured network cable (alternatively, if you are using a hub or switch connect the phone to the appropriate port on that device)
- If you don't have enough network sockets, you can connect a PC (for example) into the second socket
- Connect and plug in the power cable
If you wish to configure the device manually, please read the rest of this article
Switch the power on and leave the phone to initialise for a minute or two.
(Only necessary if you do not use DHCP on your network)
When the question "Do you use DHCP?" appears on the display, press the cancel button. (If this prompt doesn't appear, use the silver menu button to select Configuration and then DHCP).
Follow the prompts to enter an IP address, subnet mask, gateway and DNS appropriate for your network. Use the numeric keypad, then the tick button to confirm the value.
Configuring the Phone
(Only necessary for phones not purchased from Gradwell)
Using a web browser on a PC connected to the same network enter the IP Address, you will then be prompted for a username and password, by default both of these values are set to admin (n.b. please see this help guide if you have purchased the phone from Gradwell).
If you did not purchase the phone from Gradwell, please read this article on the importance of changing the web interface username and password on your device.
From the web interface, click on one of the identity links to configure the account.
- Account: this is your seven digit extension number
- Password: the password generated for the extension in the control panel
- Registrar: enter sip.gradwell.com
- Outbound Proxy: if you are in a NAT environment, enter nat.gradwell.com:5082 in this field. A sign that you are in a NAT environment is if your phone has an IP address similar to 192.168.X.X.
- Authorisation username: this is your seven digit extension number
Click Save and your phone will register with our service.
If you wish, you can add text into the Displayname field (which will be displayed to other parties when you call them) and the Display text for idle screen field (which will show a name for the account on your device display). You can also change the ringtone for the identity here.
Using multiple devices behind a NAT firewall
If you intend to use multiple snom phones behind a NAT Firewall you will need to give each phone a unique SIP Listening Port.
Select Advanced from the left hand navigation menu.
In the Advanced Network section enter a unique port number into the Network identity (port) setting.
For example if you have two phones, then you would set the network identity (port) to 5060 for the first phone and 5061 for the second phone.
Accessing the web interface on phones purchased from Gradwell
If you purchase your Yealink handset from Gradwell we will automatically change the default web interface password on the device. Therefore the password to access the web interface will be different to the one in the user manual.
Please see this help guide for the password we have set on your device.