Create an extension for the unit
Before you start setting up your door entry system, you will need to create an extension for the door system to use. Make a note of the details of this for later.
Ensure the unit is setup for SIP operation
You should also ensure that the unit is configured to use SIP. To do this, take the front cover off the unit and look for four DIP switches (these are usually in the upper right hand corner of the unit.
Ensure that the second DIP switch is set to the Off position.
Configure the extension onto the door unit
Login to the web interface of the unit and click on SIP parameters.
Enter the following details onto this page:
- SIP proxy server
- The address and port number for your SIP proxy server
- SIP registrar server
- The address and port number for your SIP registrar server
- Outbound proxy
- If you are using an oubound proxy, enter the details of it here
- Account module
- Name: enter the extension number you have allocated for the door entry unit
- Password: enter the extension password
- Auth. ID: enter the extension number you have allocated for the door entry unit
- Expiration [sec]: configure as required (in most cases you can leave this at 600)
For most PBXs you will need to ensure that Use (180 Ringing) is selected and that Enable Simmetric RTP is disabled.
Click save changes to save the registration settings. You should see a Registration successful message appear on the page.
Configure the party to be called
Now you can configure what extension, hunt group or number is called when the door button is pressed. To do this, select Memory numbers from the left hand menu.
You can enter two settings for each button, one during day mode and another for night mode (if using). For example, in the image below we have set the unit to call extension 1000124 when button one (top button) is pressed.
It's worth ensuring that the system is set to use codecs that are compatible with your platform. To do this, click on Setting audio.
Setting the code required to open the door
If you need to change the code required to open the door please see this guide.
Configuring day and night mode
Day and night mode allows different parties to be called at different times of the day. For more assistance configuring this please see this guide.