Attached to this article is a quick setup guide for using your Yealink T19PN phone for use with Gradwell services. Please note that if you have purchased your phone from Gradwell you have the option to have an extension setup on the phone when it is despatched to you - all you need to do is connect the phone.
Configuring the Phone
(Only necessary for phones not purchased from Gradwell)
The easiest way to configure the phone is using the web interface. You will need to know the IP address of the phone for this - for more information on finding this please see this article.
Using a web browser on a PC connected to the same network enter the IP Address, you will then be prompted for a username and password, by default both of these values are set to admin (n.b. please see this help guide if you have purchased the phone from Gradwell).
If you did not purchase the phone from Gradwell, please read this article on the importance of changing the web interface username and password on your device.
You will then see the Yealink configuration screen, with a number of tabs to click on and the phones current status.
Click on the Account tab.
The important fields here are all provided in your welcome email, or in the VoIP control panel for the first (default) extension:
- Label: This is a description that will be displayed on the phones LCD screen for the account
- Display Name: This is normally your name, and is sent when a VoIP to VoIP call is made
- Register Name/User Name: This is your 7 digit extension number
- Password: The password associated with the extension number
- SIP Server: sip.gradwell.com, port 5060 - this is our SIP registration server, which is used by your phone to register your account
- Enable Outbound Proxy Server: If you are behind NAT (your phone IP for example is 192.168.1.5) then set this to Enabled. If you are unsure if your phone is behind NAT, set this to enabled
- Outbound Proxy Server: If you have selected Enabled above, then enter natproxy.gradwell.com, port 5082
- Transport: UDP
Once the settings have been entered, click on the Confirm button - the phone will then reinitialise.
Accessing the web interface on phones purchased from Gradwell
If you purchase your Yealink handset from Gradwell we will automatically change the default web interface password on the device. Therefore the password to access the web interface will be different to the one in the user manual.
Please see this help guide for the password we have set on your device.