Ensure that you have setup your Gigaset IP Phone as per the included instructions, you should ensure that the base station is connected to your network and the handset is powered on.
- On the handset, press the menu key (indicated by an arrow and three lines)
- Scroll to Settings and press OK
- Scroll to Telephony and press OK
- Scroll to Connection Assist and press OK
- Enter the base PIN Code (the default code is 0000)
- Press No when asked if you have an auto-configuration code
- From the Select Country menu, scroll to Great Britain and press OK
- From the Select Provider menu, scroll to Gradwell and press OK
- You will then be prompted for your 7 digit extension number, enter this and press OK
- Next, enter your 7 digit extension number again for the Authent. Name and press OK
- Enter your extensions password using the telephone keypad and press OK
The handset will say Connection Data Successful. Press the Back or Hang Up key to return to the phone idle screen.
If registration was successful then INT 1 will be displayed on the screen, you are now able to make and receive calls.
You can make a test call to either 123 or 160, simply dial the number and press the green key.
If the setup above does not work you can configure the phone manually.
The first step to configuring your phone is to find the IP address of the device. The exact steps to do this depends on the model of phone that you have, and may be one of the following methods:
- Using your phone handset select Menu > Settings > Base > Local Network > System Pin > IP Address
- Alternatively, you may need to use the following path: Menu >Settings > System > Local Network > System Pin > IP Address
Using your web browser connect to the IP address by entering http://XXX.XXX.XX.XX into the address bar, if the phone displays the IP such as 192.168.001.010, enter http://192.168.1.10 into the browser.
Once logged into the base unit enter 0000 as the default PIN.
Click Settings tab from the top of the screen, followed by Telephony from the left hand menu. Now select the edit button under IP Connection and click on Show Advanced Settings.
The following will need to be entered into the relevant box's displayed on the screen:
- Authentication Name: your extension number
- Authentication Password and Confirm Authentication Password: your extension password
- Username: your extension number
- Domain: sip.gradwell.com
- Display Name: free text, so if you wish you can enter your name here
- Proxy Server Address: sip.gradwell.com
- Proxy Server Port: 5060
- Registrar Server: sip.gradwell.com
- Registrar server port: 5060
- STUN Enabled: No
- STUN Server: please leave blank
- STUN port: 3478
- NAT refresh time: 20 sec
- Outbound proxy mode: Always
- Outbound proxy: nat.gradwell.com
- Outbound proxy port: 5082
- VOIP Volume: High
- Enable Annex B for G729: No
Please click on G726 and click Remove. This codec is not needed as it is not supported on our network.
Please click Set to save the settings to the base station.
Using multiple phones
If you are using multiple devices, or SIP ALG you will also need to click on Advanced Settings and change the local sip port in use, for example from 5060, to a higher unused port such as 5070.
If you are having problems accessing services such as voicemail or online banking where you are required to press keys, you need to check your DTMF settings. Repeat the procedure above to log into your Gigaset, and select the Advanced Settings option after selecting Telephony.
Please ensure that in DTMF over VoIP connections, the options Audio and RFC2833 both have ticks in the boxes and click set to save the settings.