If you purchased the Linksys PAP2 from us, most of the settings will already be correct as we configure the adapter for you before shipping.
- Plug the network cable into the back of your broadband router or switch. Don't forget to connect the power cable
- If you are running DHCP on your LAN, the adaptor should pick up an IP address after a few minutes
- If not, you'll need to assign one manually using the Interactive Voice Menu system from the handset connected to the Adaptor (refer to the Manual for how to manually configure the IP address of the adaptor)
From a telephone connected to the PHONE 1 or PHONE 2 port of the phone adaptor:
- Press **** (the star key four times). You will hear "configuration menu. Please enter the option followed by the # (Pound) key or hang up to exit"
- Press 110 followed by #, you will hear the current IP address of the phone adaptor. Note down the IP address for the next step
- Open a browser window and type in this address: http://IP_address/admin/advanced (using the IP address from step 2)
Next, click on the line that you wish to configure - for most people this will be Line 1.
In the Subscriber Information section, enter the username (in Auth ID and User ID) and password as included in your welcome email.
In the Proxy and Registration section, set the Proxy Domain to the registration server name you will have been advised to use in your welcome email, this should be sip.gradwell.net.
Set the proxy for NAT to the Outbound Proxy server name you will have been advised to use in your welcome email this will look like nat.gradwell.net:5082
By default we support the G711a or G711u Codecs but if you are using multiple phones on your broadband connection, or you have a low bandwidth internet connection, then in the Audio Configuration section we recommend you choose G729a as the Preferred Codec. This will allow the phone to use less bandwidth where possible.
Please note that if you wish to use G729a you will need to request that this codec is enabled for your extension.
Please set your DTMF Tx Method to AUTO,this will allow our system to recognise what keys you press on your phone.
Click Submit All Changes at the bottom of the screen once you are happy with the settings, the unit will then restart after a few moments the adapter should be ready to use.
Dial 160 to try the echo test. You should hear everything you say echoed back to you.
If you intend to use multiple Linksys Adaptors behind a nat firewall you will need to give each port on the adaptor a unique SIP Port number.
For example if you have two adapters and you wish to use all four lines then on the first telephone you would set ext1 sip port to 5060 and ext2 sip port to 5061, on the second telephone you would set ext1 sip port to 5062 and ext2 sip port to 5063, these ports would then need forwarding through your firewall to the IP of the relevant adaptor.