The Linksys SPA3102 can either be set as a gateway or as an ATA device. Gradwell does not support the device when configured in both modes simultaneously.
- Connect an analogue phone to the Linksys "phone" port
- Using the analogue phone, press "****", and after the greeting message press 110# to retrieve the IP address of the adapter
- Take a note of this IP address
- Now point your browser to the gateway device's configuration page: "http://x.x.x.x", where "x.x.x.x" is the IP address that was noted down
- Once the page loads click on the "Admin Login" link on the top right hand side of the page. This will provide the basic administration configuration version of the interface
- Now click on the "advanced" link on the top right hand side of the page. This will provide the advanced administration configuration version of the interface
- Now click the "VOICE" tab, and after that, click the "Line 1" tab to configure the Linksys as an ATA for use with your analogue phone
- Ensure "Line Enable" is set to "yes"
- In the SIP settings section, sip port must be configured to 5060
In the Proxy and Registration section the following information needs to be entered
- Set the “Proxy” field to sip.gradwell.net
- Set the "Outbound Proxy" field to nat.gradwell.net:5082
- Set the Option, "Use Outbound Proxy" to yes
- Set the “Register” field to “yes”
- The “Register Expires” field sets the interval at which the gateway device will renew its line registration with the Gradwell network. You can leave the value at its default setting.
The Subscriber Information section represents the Extension configured in the ATA part of the Linksys. Configure the extension as follows:
- The “Display Name” should have a name assigned to it. Choose a display name that will not match a possible number; it also must NOT be blank. If this field is blank, or matches the caller’s number, the device will operate in 2-stage dialling mode. Choosing an alphanumeric Display name is a safe choice. E.g. “Joe Boggs” or “Daniel Smith” or “Sales Desk 1”.
- In the “User ID” and the "Authentication ID" field, enter your Gradwell extension number
- Set the “Use Auth ID” field to “yes”.
- In the "Password" field enter the password for the extension as defined in the VoIP control panel
- In the Audio Configuration section, set the "Preferred Codec" field to "G711a"
- Set the Second and Third Preferred Codec to "None"
- Set the Use Pref Codec Only field to "Yes"
Click on the “Submit All Changes” button at the bottom of the page to save your settings and restart the device. The other settings that were not discussed are optional and can be left as default.
Once the ATA has restarted and the configuration screen has reappeared, you can click on the Info tab , and you should see Line 1 showing as Registered, you should now be able to make and receive calls.