To start setting up your Grandstream ATA adaptor, perform the following steps:
- Connect a standard touch tone analogue telephone to the first FXS port
- Connect another standard touch tone analogue telephone to the second FXS port if required
- Insert the ethernet cable into the WAN port of HT502 and connect the other end of the ethernet cable to an uplink port (a router or a modem, etc.)
- Connect a PC to the LAN port of HT502
- Insert the power adapter into the HT502 and connect it to a wall outlet
The first time the ATA is plugged in, you will need to enable a number of options so that you can continue to set the device up, these options are enabled by using the telephone connected to the ATA.
- Dial *** to enter the IVR
- Enter 12, then press 9 and the adapter should confirm ‘Enable’
- Now, replace and pick up the handset
- Dial *** again to re-enter the IVR 4. Enter 99 followed by 9, this will reboot the device.
If it does not, please power down the device. The HT502 is now ready for configuration/provisioning.
Accessing the web based GUI
The HT502 HTML configuration menu can be accessed via LAN or WAN port.
To access the device via the LAN port:
- Directly connect a computer to the LAN port
- Open a command window on the computer
- Type in ‘ipconfig /release’, the IP address will then reset
- Type in ‘ipconfig /renew’, the computer gets an IP address in the 192.168.2.x segment by default
- Open a web browser, type in the default gateway IP address. http://192.168.2.1. You will see the login page for the device
The WAN port HTML configuration option is disabled by default from factory.
To access the HTML configuration menu from the WAN port (this is useful if your adapter has a public IP)
- Enable the ‘WAN Port Web Access’ option via IVR option 12 (as described above)
- Find the WAN IP address of the HT502 using voice prompt menu option 02
- Access the HT502 Web Configuration page by the following URI via WAN port: http://ip.address
To access the voice prompt menu, after your phone is connected to your adapter correctly, pick up the handset and dial ***. Press 02for the IP Address of your adapter.
The full manual for the ATA is available to download from here.