To setup a Hosted Exchange mailbox in Mozilla Thunderbird, you will need to know the following:
- The login of the mailbox you will be setting up (usually the primary email address)
- The password of the mailbox that you will be setting up
If you are unsure of this information, login to your control panel and select Users from the top menu.
A list of all the users in your organisation will be shown. Select the user you wish to configure and their login and password will be displayed. If you need to change the password click the Change Password button.
Launch Thunderbird and click to create a new email account.
The configuration wizard will appear. Click Skip this and use my existing email.
Enter the email address and password, as well as a name for the account (this will be shown to your email recipients). Click Continue.
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird
- Click Create a new account. The Account Wizard starts.
- Click Email account and press Next >. Fill out the form that appears:
Click Next > to continue the Wizard. Provide the following information about your incoming server:
- In the Your Name field, type in your name that will be shown to your e-mail recipients.
- In the Email Address field, type in email@example.com.
Click Next > to proceed to the next step of the Wizard. The User Names Wizard step is displayed. Type in firstname.lastname@example.org in the Incoming User Name field.
Click Next > to continue. The Account Name Wizard step is displayed. Type in the reference name for your account, for example "Work Account" in the Account Name field.
Click Next > to proceed to the final Wizard step. The summary information is displayed. Check if everything is correct.
Click Finish to complete the Wizard. Your IMAP email account is now created.
On the Thunderbird menu, select Tools > Account Settings. The Account Settings dialog window is displayed.
In the folder list, select the just created account and click Server Settings. The incoming server settings for your account are displayed at the right part of the Account Settings window.
Under Security Settings select SSL.
In the folder list of the Account Setting window, click Outgoing Server (SMTP). The Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings are displayed at the right part of the window. Here you can see all SMTP servers set up on your computer (if there any).
Click Add. The SMTP Server dialog box is displayed. Fill out the form as follows:
- Select the IMAP type.
- Type in mail.gradwellcloud.com in the Incoming Server field.
Click OK to save changes and exit the SMTP Server dialog box.
Select your account ('Work Account') in the folder list of the Account Settings window. The account settings are displayed at the right part of the window.
From the Outgoing Server (SMTP) drop-down list, select the just added SMTP server.
Click OK to save your changes and exit the Account Settings dialog window. You have just configured your IMAP email account.
On the Thunderbird main window, click on the down-oriented triangle to the right of the Get Mail icon. The drop-down list opens that contains your existing e-mail accounts.
Select the just configured account. You are prompted to enter the password
Type in your password and select the Use Password Manager to remember this password checkbox if necessary.
- In the Description field (optional), type in a free-form description of your outgoing mail server.
- In the Server Name field, type mail.gradwellcloud.com.
- Select the Use name and password checkbox and enter email@example.com in the User Name field.
- Under Use secure connection select TLS.