Microsoft Outlook is an email client that forms part of the Microsoft Office suite, and can be used to send and receive email. Configuration to use it for Gradwell mail services is a simple process.
First you will need to create a mailbox in your online control panel. Make sure that the username and password is noted down, as this will be required during the setup of your email account within Outlook.
If you have not yet configured an email account in Outlook then a configuration wizard should appear when you open the program. If it doesn't appear, or you already have an email account configured, then the steps required to access the new account wizard varies depending on the version of Outlook you have installed:
- Outlook 2003: Click Tools and then Email Accounts. On the window that pops up click Add a new E-mail Account and then click Next
- Outlook 2007: Click Tools and then Account Settings... On the window that pops up click New
- Outlook 2010: Click File and then Add Account
- Outlook 2013: Click File and then Add Account
Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next >
Leave Internet E-mail select and click Next >
You now need to enter the service information that will allow Outlook to connect to your mailbox.
- Your Name: enter the name you'd like to appear in outgoing emails
- E-mail Address: enter the email address that was created in the online control panel
- Account Type: select IMAP
- Incoming mail server: enter imap.gradwellcloud.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): enter smtp.gradwellcloud.com
- User name: enter your email address
- Password: enter the password that was setup in the online control panel
Now click the More Settings ... button.
Click the Outgoing Server tab and then ensure that My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is ticked.
Click OK to return to the account setup screen.
When you click Next > Outlook will automatically check the settings you have entered. If there are any errors then double check what you have entered.
Once you click Close then your email account will be configured.