A mailing list allows you to send messages to a group of people at once. Businesses frequently use them to send team emails, with the flexibility of sending email to a department or the whole organisation. Once you have created a mailing list and added subscribers all you need to remember is the mailing list email address - sending an email to this will message all subscribers.
Creating a mailbox
To create a mailbox, login to your control panel and click Mailboxes.
Now click Maillists.
Now click Add new Maillist.
You can now perform basic configuration of your mailing list.
- E-mail address: this is the email address associated with the mailing list - email sent to this address will be posted to all members
- Enable virus checking: if you wish to check messages for viruses then tick this box
- Maillist owners: this is the named owners of the mailing list. You can separate them using enter, semi-colon, comma or a space
- Maillist moderators: this is the moderators of the mailing list, who have the ability to approve or disapprove of messages. You can separate them using enter, semi-colon, comma or a space
- Maillist members: this is a list of subscribers to the mailing list. You can separate them using enter, semi-colon, comma or a space
- Maillist info: here you can enter general information on the purpose of the mailing list
- Maillist intro: here you can enter an introductory message that is sent to newly subscribed members
Once created your mailing list will take several minutes to be set up. Once the status is Available then you will be able to send messages to members.
Deleting a mailing list
To delete a mailing list, return to the mailing list page and select the list you wish to delete. Click Delete to confirm.