You will need to ensure that you have your mailbox username and password, as these will be prompted for during the account setup. Your mailbox username will be in the format of email@example.com (for IMAP users) or username%pop3.your.domain (for POP3 users).
- Press the Center (Menu) button to bring up the applications menu
- Next select the Settings option
- Next select Mail, Contacts, Calendars menu option
- Select the Add Account option
- From the options presented, select Other
Complete the fields as requested. Note the address here is your normal email address and not your login address. Once completed, tap Save, the iPhone will then display Looking up account information.
You will now be prompted to start configuring your Email account, select the type of account that you wish to use.
- IMAP: your email will remain on the server and only downloaded to the device once requested
- POP: your email will be downloaded to the device and optionally, removed from the email server
You then need to complete the section Incoming Mail Server:
- Host Name: pop3.gradwell.com (if using POP3) or imap.gradwell.com (if using IMAP)
- User Name: username%pop3.your.domain (for POP3) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for IMAP)
- Password: your email password
Once completed, tap on the Save button.
You will then be prompted to configure the outgoing email server.
The Host Name should be set to relay.gradwell.net
The User Name and Password fields should be completed with the same information as in the previous step. Then tap on Save.
Please note - if you are prompted to change options for SSL - ensure that these are set to OFF for compatiblity with the iPhone.
Your iPhone will then save the settings, You can then access your mailbox from the "Mail" application.
A note for Freedom255 customers
If you previously purchased a Freedom255 service please do not use the incoming and outgoing mail server settings above, instead please use mail.[yourdomain] as the host name for the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing mail Server.
For example, if your domain was emailuser.co.uk, you would enter mail.emailuser.co.uk as the host name.