This document will walk you through configuring your copy of Microsoft Entourage for use with our hosted e-mail services (n.b. not Hosted Exchange). Please ensure you have your e-mail username and password to hand before you begin.
- Open Entourage. Once it has started, open the Tools menu from the menu bar at the top of the screen, and select Accounts...
- The Accounts wndow will open. Click on New from the toolbar, then select Mail...
- The Account Setup Assistant appears. Click Configure Account Manually from the bottom of this window. If you are asked to select a mail account type, select POP
Enter the following settings for your e-mail account:
- Account name: type a descriptive name for the account, such as "Gradwell e-mail"
- Name: the name you would like your outgoing e-mail to be sent from
- E-mail Address: your e-mail address
Under Receiving mail:
- Account ID: type your e-mail username. This will be similar to your e-mail address, and will be in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org , for example email@example.com
- POP Server: pop3.gradwell.net
- Password: this is the password for your e-mail mailbox
- Save password in my Mac OS keychain: click here to save your password. If you do not save it, you will be prompted for it everytime you try to receive e-mail
Under Sending mail:
- SMTP Server: relay.gradwell.net
Click on Click here for advanced sending options. A window will appear with the following options:
- SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL): untick this
- Override Default SMTP Port: tick this, and enter 225 in the field
- SMTP server requires authentication: tick this and click Use same settings as receiving mail server
- Domain for unqualified addresses: leave this field blank
Please then close the window,then click on OK to close Edit Account. Your account is now configured in Entourage and should be able to send and receive e-mail.